I love Honduras so much. La Ceiba is my favorite city. I was here in Feb 2010 (a week stay), May 2010 (5 weeks) and August 2011 (5 days).
For Travel Tips, check out Country Overview page (below the photos).
San Pedro del Sula:
- Hostal Tamarindo – Clean, kitchen, hammocks, TV room and that’s all you get.
- La Posada B&B. I paid $14 for a dorm bed (pretty nice, just three queen size bed in a spacious room with clean bathroom), a kitchen, swimming pool, walking distance to the mall, AC in all rooms, free internet & Wi-Fi, free pick up & drop off to/from the bus terminal and free breakfast.
- Mango Cafe B&B: No kitchen or internet, no dorms, expensive for solo travelers, all rooms have TV & private bath, clean place
- Hostel Iguana Azul: Very relaxed place, very clean, free wi-fi, simply lovely
Santa Rosa de Copan
- Hotel El Rosario: No dorm room, OK place when in transit
- Banana Republic Guesthouse: Free internet & wi-fi. Dirty hostel & not so nice staff, kitchen is pitiful. I think you are better off somewhere else.