Republic of Benin
I was here in December 2012. I loved the country and will surely go back!
For travel info on Benin, check out the Country Overview section (below the photos).
For Blogs, click these link
Country Overview: Benin
It is possible to travel overland from Benin to Togo or Ghana or Nigeria with ABC transport.
Most people will need visa for Benin. Check with the Beninese Embassy in your country of residence.
Official Language and Currency
French (official), Fon, Yoruba, Dendi, Bariba and Ge (local languages)
West African CFA franc (currency)
Cotonou: Guesthouse Cocotiers – Haie vive opposite Catholic Relief Service (Rue 374, Cotonou, Benin) (64630001 – telephone number)
This guesthouse is clean and nice. I stayed in a 2 bed room with shared bathroom.
- Grand Marche du Dantokpa (btween the lagoon and Blvd St Michel): compare to other markets that I’ve seen, I wasn’t too impress with this market
- Foundation Zinsou (Rue du Gouverneur Bayol) – I didn’t go but I’ve heard they have amazing arts
- Centre de Promotion de L’Artisant (Hall des Arts) – I loved this small commercial center. They have varieties of arts & crafts and souvenirs
- Muse Historique d’Abomey – impressive
- Tour of point of no return – amazing tour which you can organize from the national museum in Ouidah. The tour is via a motorbike
- Musee de Da Silva