One of my least favorite country. I doubt if I will ever go back to El Salvador. I think I’ve seen everything that there is to see here. I was here in 2010 for a week.
For Travel Tips, check out Country Overview.
- Hostal Cumbre del Volcan: In a safe area and walking distance to a plaza that houses several restaurants. The hostel is clean, free wi-fi.
- Ximena Guesthouse: Nothing is cheap at this hostel, you pay for wi-fi, the food is good but not cheap, in a safe neighborhood, the dorm bed with hot shower is nicer than the dorm with cold water but its $2 more. The owner is very nice & helpful.
- Hostal Perquin Real: (2680-4158). Nice place, clean and friendly owner. The food is cheap and tasty, hammocks available.
- Casa Alegre: Slightly expensive but the profit funds a local organization. Its a small nice place .
Playa El Tunco
- La Sombra: Friendly owner, clean bathroom & kitchen. Free purified water. Wi-fi free.
Things to do:
- Parque Nacional El Boqueron:
- Check out the street Art in Downtown San Salvador
- Explore a Mayan City. El Salvador’s most important (and best preserved) ancient Mayan ruins, Tazumal, is located 20 minutes by car from the capital.
- Museo Nacional de Antropología David J Guzmán
For more info on things to do, check out Tourism page and TripAdvisor
For Blog, Crazy Journey
Leave a comment